Playing with textures

I think January is a perfect month to learn something new...
 I´m atending a wonderful workshop with Misty Mawn It's called "Stretching Within". So I´m making
2 exercices into one - backgrounds and textures and a portrait using only 3 colores (I chose a blue, a soft green and yellow ochre) - I´m sorry I don´t know exactly the name of the colores- they are in my studio ;)
----------------

Acho que Janeiro é um mês perfeito para aprender coisas novas...

Eu estou a fazer um workshop fantástico com uma artista que se chama Misty Mawn  com o nome ""Stretching Within".  Nas imagens estou a fazer e 2 exercicios em 1  - fundos e  texturas e um retrato pintado apenas com 3 cores (eu escolhi um azul, um verde claro e amarelo ocre) - desculpem mas não sei o nome exacto das cores - ficaram no atelier ;)



When I look at this pictures I always have this feeling that I shouldn´t  add more paint to it....because I love this unfinished cool  look.
Nevertheless it´s always a fun and liberating process .
----------
Quando olho para estas imagens tenho sempre a sensação que não devia ter pintado mais, devia apenas ter composto mais um pouco....porque gosto realmente deste  ar interessante e  inacabado.
 No entanto é sempre um processo muito divertido e libertador.
and a portrait that still is in progress...Like one of my students said "this green girl looks like she lives in a swamp" and I love this idea...this might be a wonderful story :) If you have any sugestions to continue this story please share it, please, please, please!!!!!
------
e o retrato que ainda está em desenvolvimento....como disse uma das minhas alunas "esta menina verde parece que vive num pantano" e eu adorei a ideia...quem sabe se não sai daqui uma boa história :) Se tiveres alguma sugestão / ideia para continuar esta história, por favor partilha, please, please, please!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Hi Susana - OK I'll start!

    Upon a time, once far away and near to the heart of small birds and butterflies, lived a swamp Nixie. Green, her skin shone like emeralds and...

    Cheers!
    Barbara Nigg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Wonderful and supportive people say...

Popular Posts